- Child Trailers
- Special Needs Trailers
- Pet Trailers
- Cargo Trailers
- $99.00 Economy Bike Trailer
- $100.00 Speedy Cart
- $129.00 DIY Cargo Bike Trailer Kit
- $149.00 Promotion Mini Sign Trailer Systems
- $250.00 Promotion Maxi Sign Trailer Systems
- $229.00 Heavy Duty Flatbed(sale $199.00)
- $249.00 Shopper Trailer(Sale $199.00)
- $249.00 New Cargo Buddy Trailer
- $399.00 Suitcase Trailer
- $599.00 Landscaping Trailer
- Sport Trailers
- Boat Trailers
- About Us
- Parts and Support
- Contact Us
XLarge Special Needs Trailer
Why not take everyone on your family bike rides? Reg. Price $850
The Wike Extra Large Special Needs Bicycle Trailer is the perfect solution for larger children anxious to join in on the family cycling fun. Like every other Wike, the Extra Large Special Needs is smooth, stable, and roomy. There's no need to leave loved ones behind when you go for a bike ride.
The Wike Special Needs is a practical and affordable solution for your family cycling needs. The Extra Large Model is not upgradable to a stroller of jogger.
Compare the Wike Extra Large Special Needs Trailer with other Wike Child Trailers
Every cargo is precious and at Wike, we take care to include premium safety features in all our bicycle trailers. The Wike Extra Large Special Needs bike trailer is no exception. Your Wike Extra Large Special Needs trailer includes the following safety features:
- Big tinted side windows for UV protection
- Retractable Canopy (View)
- Bright yellow top to reflect sun's heat
- Bright yellow/black back for safety
- Wheel reflectors, back and side reflective strips (View)
- Orange safety flag
- Heavy duty safety strap to bicycle (View)
- Flexible elastomer hitch
The following features are also included on every Wike Extra Large Special Needs:
- Premium, long-lasting and durable fabric.
- Bench seat with padded front.
- Hard floor for long life and protection.
- Push button alloy hubs, precision bearings
- For occupants from 4ft to 5ft. 10in
- Toy Pockets, Big rear trunk (26"x6"x12")
- Under seat storage compartment. (View)
- Flow through ventilation
- Hide-a-way front screen plus rain screen. (View)
- Dished alloy rims and alloy frame
- Fast folding frame (5 seconds). (Check our video gallery above to see this in action.)
- Two bike hitches included.
Bike Trailer Specifications
- Max size of child - 5' 10"
- Trailer weight in lbs. - 44 lbs
- Overall length - 54"
- Overall width - 33.75"
- Inside seat width - 26"
- Inside seat height - 36"
- Legroom (length) - 38"
- Height (from ground) - 41"
- Folded dimensions - 39" x 30" x 14"
- Total Carrying Capacity - 150lbs
- Wheels - 20" spoked alloy push button
- Frame - Aluminum
August 5, 2011
.....I wanted to email you after purchasing my second Special Needs Trailer from Wike today. I bought the first one in 2001. Since then my son and I have logged several thousand miles with me pulling him in the trailer. I purchased yours as he had outgrown his Burley and 2 others and needed a bigger trailer. Yours has been the best trailer I have owned. It pulls great; my son is comfortable in it, and always wants to get his helmet to go on a ride. After ten years of almost weekly use, I finally had to replace my first one. I look forward to getting the new one with all of the design improvements you have made. I also wanted to include a picture from a Bike Ride this past June called the Harpeth River Ride where my son and I participated. For the past few years, they have allowed us to start at the beginning of the ride with Wounded Warriors, Blind Athletes, and others. This year Lance Armstrong actually rode with some of his teammates. Unfortunately, the person taking the attached picture did not capture them with us as they were just a few feet ahead.
January 12, 2011
We got our Adult Special Needs Trailer a few weeks ago, and I've been meaning to send you a note saying what an amazing product it is!
Thoughtfully designed, well constructed, it's a remarkable piece of engineering. It tracks smoothly, folds easily, and hauls our 140 teenager with no problem - plenty of room and bombproof sturdy. The axle/wheel design in particular is very cool...I was afraid that sand and dirt would render this mechnism a weak link, but the push button release works as advertised. I have never seen anything like it, and but it seems to be able to handling its task.
Thanks for designing and building such a great product. It has changed in a positive way what we can do as a family.
Father to developmentally delayed teenager
What Customers Say!
I received the extra large trailer in time for Xmas for my son. Thank you so much for shipping it so quickly! We just put it together so we can put it under the tree and I have to say, it is incredibly cool! It's actually much better made than I ever would have even expected and I intend to spread the word about what a great product this is on the listserv for my son's disorder.
Customize your Wike any way you like. The following accessories are available for the Wike Extra Large Special Needs bicycle trailer.
Side Bolsters - $50 a pair
These small cushions help stabilize occupant. Height is adjustable with Velcro strip attachment on rear of trailer.
Recliner Set - $90
This consists of a pair of 5" angled foam inserts.(Seat and Back) Useful for children under 4" tall
Head Stabilizer - $50
This foam cushion helps stabilize the occupant's head.
Seat Wedge Only- $45 ea
This consists of 5" angled foam insert. This can be used in conjunction with side bolsters or/and head stabilizer. Allows the knees to be elevated
Padded Shoulder Harnesses - $15
For occupants under 7 years old. Helps stabilize younger children. Adjustable in size as child grows.
All Weather Trailer Cover - $50
Trailer Cover protects fabrics from the sun, rain, and snow, comes with bag for storage
Extra Bike Hitches - $20
Each Wike trailer kit comes with two bike hitches. Would you like extra hitches for additional bicycles?