Bike Trailer Safety
Whichever bicycle trailer you choose, proper use of it is important for the safety of you and your child. The following safety suggestions can help you enjoy many safe outings with your bike trailer. Make sure your trailer is properly hitched and the secondary safety strap secured.
If your trailer became un-hitched it may travel into traffic and serious injury could result
- Check Bike Hitch carefully, check secondary safety strap.
- Always use both the lap and shoulder belts.
- Always have your children use helmets.
- Try not to use your trailer on busy streets.
- Ride with caution, giving yourself plenty of stopping distance.
- Braking distance increases and braking control decreases with heavier loads.
- Since the width you cover increases with a bicycle trailer, use caution when navigating tight areas.
- Practice with your bicycle trailer in a low traffic area before heading out into the streets.
- Bicycles handle differently when a bicycle trailer is attached.
- Infants should never be transported in a Bicycle Trailer.
Bike Trailer Hitch Replacement
The flexible hitch on your bike trailer has usable life of about 5 years. The hitch should be replace every 2 to three years depending on level of use. Wike trailer hitches are color coded to inform you of there age. The following is a replacemnt guideline
Wike Hitch Color:
White Manufactured 1993 to 1998.... Must Replace
Red Manufactured 1999 to 2004 ....Must Replace
Blue Manufactured 2005 to 2008 ....Must Replace
Orange Manufactured 2009 to 2012 .... Replacing after 2 to 3 years
Green Manufactured 2013 to 2017 .... Good
More Industry Safety InformationBicycle Trailer Standards
United States CPSC safety warning, Norco stagecoach, Norco rambler, Axiom, click here
United States CPSC safety warning, Weehoo Trailers, click here
United States CPSC safety warning, Chariot, click here
Anna is always available to take your calls or answer your inquiries. Feel free to contact us any time.
8.00 to 3.30 pm.
Monday to Friday
79 Regal Road, Unit 14
8.00 am to 8.00 pm Eastern Time
US and Canada Toll Free: 866-584-9452